There are many factors to consider when shopping for a new office printer or multifunction device, especially if you are a business owner. Printers, copiers, and scanners are all essential to the workplace, no matter what industry you are based in. How do you choose the best office printer for your needs? We’ve developed this simple guide where we walk you through the steps of finding the right office printer for your business.
How to Find the Best Office Printer
Although there are many printers and multifunction devices out there with their own unique features, the best office printer will depend on a number of factors. While you are shopping for a new printer for your business, consider the following:
- Technical specs: What are your size limitations/requirements for your new office space printer? How much data will your printer be expected to handle each day? Taking into account the size and capabilities of your printer will help you narrow down your options.
- What types of jobs are you running? Are you printing large reports, classroom worksheets, etc? Do you need color, black and white, or both? In addition to standard printers and black and white copiers, there are specialized printers and multifunction devices that may be better suited for your needs, depending on your work environment.
- What are you printing? Do you use specific sizes or paper materials for certain printing jobs? If you perform specialized printing on a regular basis, it may be a good idea to invest in a printer that can easily carry out your jobs without you having to take an extra step of cutting paper or adjusting settings with each separate print. This can save you time and money in the long run.
- Are scanning/faxing a must? Do your business practices require the option to scan or fax? While we are moving into a more digital age, many industries still perform these tasks. Hospitals, schools, and government facilities are all industries that use fax machines on a daily basis. Even if you don’t think you’ll need a fax machine, chances are you could benefit from a scanner. This extra function allows you to digitize your documents and free up space in the office.
- Is speed of printing a concern? How fast do you want your items to print? Many new printers and multifunction devices are capable of exceptional print times without issue, and it’s important that you take this into consideration when browsing equipment if this is a feature you are looking for.
- Apps capability: Should your printer be able to work with various applications? It can be very beneficial to have a printer that can connect with any phone or tablet in the workplace, especially if many people need to print at once. Instead of waiting in line at the printer, you can queue up your projects and pick them up when you’re ready.
- Digital faxing: Would you like to be able to send faxes directly through emails? This new feature is especially handy for industries that still rely on faxing for daily duties. Digital faxing bridges the gap between paper and email, while also cutting down on time and effort.
- Security features: Does your printer include any programs to keep information secure? No matter your type of business, this is absolutely a must. You can easily avoid a data breach and/or identity theft when you have a printer that is equipped with the latest security features.
- Sustainability features – Are sustainable printing practices available? As we move into an age where our environmental impact is becoming more apparent, it’s a good idea for your business to pick up greener practices. Find a printer that won’t waste paper or ink. Not only will this help the environment, but it will also help your wallet. With some printers, you can even recycle toner cartridges.
What’s the Best Printer for Small Business?
Some small businesses can get by with a black and white or office color printer to use occasionally, but other businesses may find multifunction printers to be more efficient and better suited for their needs. The best small office printer and the best printer for business are two separate pieces of equipment, and it’s important that you’re able to spot the difference when shopping for the right device. The functionality and capabilities of these printers greatly differ, so you want to be sure you make the correct choice and avoid the hassle of a return.
Small Office Printers
While you may think a cheap printer will be sufficient for your small business, you never want to sacrifice quality over price. With Parmetech, you can have an efficient printer at an affordable cost when you browse our Xerox Printers for small businesses. These devices are easy to use and install, with a tablet-like interface that considerably cuts down on the printing process as a whole. If you’re interested in printers for your home office, check out our selection of home office printers.
Office Printers, Copiers, and Scanners
If you operate a small business with multiple employees, a small office printer might not cut it for your workload. The best printer/scanner for a small business would have to be an all-in-one printer. With this device, you gain a true digital workplace assistant. Designed for today’s mobile workforce and offering intuitive user experiences, comprehensive security, and an extensive app gallery for all different business verticals and job functions, these devices or ‘workplace assistants’ can convert physical paperwork into digital and then automate workflows by enabling workers to connect, share, and streamline their work processes – saving time, effort and money. And best of all, the work experience previously available to office workers is now available regardless where office workers are located – office, home or hybrid of office and home.
The Best Color Printer for Small Business
For any small business that relies on colorful, quality prints, laser printers offer the unique features needed to perform daily tasks. For basic color printing needs, the Xerox VersaLink Color Family allows you to superior print quality for incredible value. If you need advanced finishing capabilities like hole punching or saddle-stitch booklet making, the Xerox AltaLink Color Copiers are a powerful and scalable investment that will last you years to come.
If you’re printing a lot of marketing collateral (whether in-house or currently outsourcing), there are a couple of fantastic options for you. The Xerox VersaLink Graphic printers are ideal for graphic artists and color professionals who demand preeminent color output but only need print capability. If you’re in the market for a powerful, flexible device that allows you to do more printing work in-house, consider the Xerox PrimeLink Family of Printers. The PrimeLink series gives you flexible, production-ready finishing and feeding with a range of Digital Front Ends to fit every print environment with exceptional reliability and image quality. You can also quickly swap CMYK toners with gold, silver, white and clear, or fluorescent cyan, magenta and yellow so you can explore more colorful opportunities.
Consider Managed Print Services
While you are shopping for an office printer, it’s not a bad idea to consider partnering with a managed print services (MPS) provider. A customized print management solution can help you to save you money when investing in new printers/office technology, as it involves assessing your current printing processes and optimizing your environment and workflows for the best output and cost management. With a managed print service plan, you can maximize your productivity, cut back on printing costs, and receive consultation by an experienced professional whose goal is to help your business grow and succeed. For more information on how managed print services can add value to your business, check out the benefits of MPS or our Ultimate Guide to MPS.
Contact Parmetech – Your Office and Print Technology Experts
Shopping for a new office printer doesn’t have to be stressful. While it can be tempting to simply go to an office supply store or check out Amazon and buy the cheapest printer in stock, this may end up costing you more in the long run through issues with your device or expensive supplies. The team at Parmetech is here to make the printer buying process easy with our printer and multifunction device experts. We can assess your needs and guide you toward the product that fits your budget and daily printing requirements. Our team is here to work with you and help you reach a printing infrastructure that maximizes the capabilities of your business. With Parmetech, you can stay organized, grow your business, and enjoy quality prints.
Contact us today to get started: call us at (800) 727-6383 or fill out a form to get started 🙂