When it comes to choosing the best printer for your office, there are a few things you’ll need to take into account. Not all printers are created equal, and some will be better suited for certain office environments than others. A few basic features you’ll want to keep in mind when selecting the perfect printer for your business include:
- Print Volume
- Print Speed
- Print Quality
- Connectivity Features
So let’s take a look at some of these features and what to consider when shopping for your next office printer.
Basic Features to Keep in Mind When Choosing a Printer
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a printer is your office’s print volume. This will help you determine what type of printer is best suited for your needs. If your office doesn’t do a lot of printing, then a small black and white copier or color printer should suffice. However, if your office prints large volumes of documents on a daily basis, you’ll need a more robust option.
Another important factor to consider is print speed. Obviously, you’ll want a printer that can keep up with the demands of your office. If your employees have to wait around for their documents to print, it’s going to slow down productivity. So, make sure you choose a printer that can print at a speed that is on par with your office needs.
Another factor to consider is what type of documents you’ll be printing most often and what quality you and your business need for operations to run smoothly. Not all printers are created equal in this regard. If you need to print high-quality color photos or graphics, you’ll need a printer that specializes in those types of documents. On the other hand, if you’ll mostly be printing black and white text documents, you can save money by choosing a less expensive printer that isn’t built for high-quality color printing.
In today’s office environment, it’s important to have a printer that is well-connected. That means choosing a printer that can easily connect to your computer network and other devices. Wireless connectivity is especially important, as it allows employees to print from anywhere in the office. If this is crucial for your business, consider a printer with Wi-Fi capability.
Finally, you’ll need to consider cost when selecting a printer for your office. Obviously, you’ll want to find a printer that fits within your budget, but you should also keep in mind that cheaper printers often come with fewer features, lower quality prints, and don’t last as long Additionally, generally the less expensive the printer itself it, the higher the cost to operate it is (i.e., cost of supplies like toner and drums). So, strike a balance between cost and quality when making your selection. You can check out our blog how buying a printer is like buying a car for a more in-depth analysis on the total cost of ownership of a printer.
Different Types of Printers
Now that you know what to look for when choosing a printer, it’s time to decide which type of printer is best for your office. Here are the most common types of printers used in offices today:
- Laser Printers: Laser printers are a good choice for any business that is looking for a machine with print-only capability. These types of printers have options that range from affordable home office printers to higher-end, more robust laser printers, and are available in color or black-and-white only. Whether you’re a small office with low print volumes or an office looking for a printer with faster print speeds, there is a laser printer to fit every need and every budget.
- A4 Multifunction Printers: These types of printers are designed for any size business that is looking for functionality beyond just printing. They offer features like scanning, faxing, and copying, all in one machine. Just like stand-alone printers, there is a range of options to choose from – from more affordable options to more expensive, as well as black-and-white only or color printing capability. If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line multifunction printer for your office, Xerox multifunction printers are a great option to consider.
- A3 Multifunction Printers: These types of printers are also sometimes referred to as office copiers. These types of printers are generally designed for businesses that have higher print volumes or those businesses that need to print on 11” x 17” paper (also referred to as A3 paper or tabloid size paper) for prints like bi-fold brochures or other full-size presentation/marketing documents. Just like their desktop counterparts, A3 MFPs are available in color or black-and-white only options, if you have no need for color documents. A3 MFPs are more expensive than A4 multifunction printers, but they can save you money in the long run by consolidating all of your office’s printing needs into one machine. They are also generally less expensive to operate.
- Graphic Printers: Graphic printers are a good choice for offices that need to print high-quality color documents for customers. They produce very detailed prints, but they are generally slower more expensive to operate than standard color printers due to the color-intensive page coverage.
- Production Printers: Production printers are for businesses that are in need of specialty printing functionality or that need to print large scale or very high-volume print jobs. Production printers like the Xerox Primelink Production Printers boast print speeds up to 136ppm and offer a wide-variety of media types and finishing options so that you can accomplish more printing work in-house, as well as specialty toner colors such as fluorescent colors, gold, silver, white, and clear.
Managed Print Services
Print management services can also be extremely beneficial for businesses that do a lot of printing. These services can help you save money on printing costs by optimizing your print infrastructure and reducing waste. Managed Print Services can be tailored to fit the specific needs of your business, so it’s definitely worth considering if you want to save money on your printing costs.
Trust Parmetech for Your Printing Needs
If you’re looking for a reliable, high-quality printer for your office, Parmetech is here to help. We offer a wide range of printers and copiers, so you’re sure to find the perfect one for your needs. We also offer print management services to help you save money on your printing costs. Contact us today to learn more!