Interactive displays are at the forefront of modern business technology. They’re innovative and convenient, and they’re made to keep the wheels of your company spinning. But where do you start? Interactive panels are a form of technology that’s on the rise, and there are many options out there – how do you sort the wheat from the chaff?
Well, if you’ve ever wanted to get to know your full options when it comes to interactive panels, for a wide variety of business uses, Parmetech has got you covered with this Complete Guide. Be sure to read on for more information if you’re currently in the process of considering adding interactivity to your company.
What are Interactive Displays?
Interactive display solutions bring a new level to the traditional whiteboard, by allowing a more productive and speedy use of the day in the workplace or an educational setting. No need for pens, or to waste time cleaning up, because an interactive panel can be used by any and all, and allows for a better sense of collaboration across an enterprise or learning institution. You don’t even need to be physically present to learn off of this digital whiteboard!
What are the Different Touch Panel Types?
Depending on your needs, there are various touch panel types for interactive whiteboards. Each type has its own advantage, so take care when choosing the right product for your establishment.
- Resistive Touch – Commonly used and cost-effective, resistive touch panels require actual hand to screen contact and are generally limited to single-point of touch. This type of panel is often found in retail locations, where stylus-based signatures are typically required after credit card purchases.
- Infrared Touch – Useful when collaborating, infrared touch panels can detect any input, are durable, and support multi-touch functionality. However, it is best to keep this type of panel in a somewhat dark location as this panel type performs rather poorly in heat, particularly in direct sunlight. Infrared touch panels are great tools for education and business environments.
- Optical Imaging Touch – A versatile type of touch panel, infrared lights are used to create shadows, which register as touch. From durability to multi-touch, all in all, optical imaging is just about the most versatile option when it comes to touch panel types.
- Projected Capacitive Touch – By way of their electrical-based touch detection, projected capacitive touch panels are known for their high precision and high-speed response times. They possess multi-touch functionality and can be used within small, compact devices such as smartphones, tablets, and GPS devices. However, due to its underlying technology, projected capacitive touch has proven challenging to scale up to larger sizes.
The Benefits of Interactive Panels
There’s a multitude of benefits to using interactive displays in terms of educational purposes; essentially, your classroom can become an interactive and ultimately immersive learning environment. Interactive displays can help to make learning a lot more fun, for both students and teachers alike.
It’s a good way to keep even the most attention-deficit of pupils engaged and prepared to take in information. This is the future of learning, and an interactive whiteboard can accommodate every type of learner out there. Check out the top 10 ways interactive displays improve education. There are a whole host of higher educational benefits, including a better sense of campus communication for independent students going about their day. Want to transmit college information instantly around the entire campus, where any and all students can see it? An interactive display is the solution!
Of course, there’s a variety of benefits in terms of business purposes too. Keep your teams collaborating in the conference room or even in the break room! An interactive display draws the eye, and allows anyone to pop their ideas and information onto the board for later use. If you want to keep the entirety of your enterprise up to date and engaged, an interactive display panel can fit into any and all spaces and increase productivity across the office. Check out our list of 8 benefits that interactive displays bring to the conference room.
Download the Complete Guide to Interactive Panels!
We’ve covered a high level of what interactive displays are, the different types of panels, and the benefits of interactive panels for business and education environments – but we’ve only just scratched the surface! Download our complete guide to interactive panels to understand the various interactive displays options and the best solution to fit your needs if you’re in the process of considering adding interactivity to your organization. We’ll be covering topics such as:
- Interactive Display Options
- How Top Interactive Display Brands Compare
- How to Choose the Right Panel
- The Right Software for Your Panel
- How to Enhance Your Panel
Interested in a more hands-on interactive experience? Check out our virtual demo offerings ( + the chance to win $200 😉) and our first time buy special for incredible savings on interactive displays and accessories!